- #1: The Poverty Tour: "Welfare advocate Jack Frech has taken reporters on "poverty tours" of Athens County, Ohio, for years. But has media attention made any difference in the lives of the Appalachian poor?"
- #2: Who Deserves To Be Poor? "The notion that poverty stems from a lack of will power and a poor work ethic is as old as America. Why that needs to be dispelled."
- #3: Rags to Riches: "Confronting the myth that America is a land of equal opportunity and upward mobility for all."
- #4: When the Safety Net Doesn't Catch You: "Government assistance in the United States helps millions out of poverty, but often the most needy fall through the cracks."
- #5: Breaking News Consumer's Handbook: Poverty in America Edition: "When reporting on poverty, the media fall into familiar traps. How to steer clear of stereotypes and seek insight."