- The total number of jobs in the District increased by 13,300 (1.8%) compared to the previous August
- The federal government sector gained 4,200 jobs (a 2.1% increase) compared to a year ago; while the education and health sector gained 2,400 jobs (an increase of 2.0%) over the previous year
- The unemployment rate for the District was 6.0% in August; 0.1% higher than the previous month
- The number of new unemployment claims increased by 2.6% compared to the previous year
- 312 condos were sold in August 2016; a 6.3% decline from one year ago
- In August the median price for a single family home increased by 2.5%, while the median price of a condo increased by 3.0% from the previous year
Highlights from the email announcing the latest report.