Monday, October 3, 2016

My father created a book to take the guesswork out of what to do after he died

My father died several years ago.   As bad as it was to lose him, his "death book" made the days following his death a little easier to manage.

My husband and I each have such a binder and our children know who has responsibility for which chapter.   Okay, a little more than they wanted from us (!).   But it's certainly better than making the kids go through our stuff to find wills, bank account info, etc.

Not long after my father's death, a Twitter friend lost a parent and I shared the contents of my father's post-death to-do list.   I promised, but did not deliver, the actual template.   Finally, here it is.   Modify as needed.   I hope it makes the miserable and trying days after the death of a loved one less confusing and stressful.

Death Book

No comments:

Post a Comment