Thursday, August 27, 2015

Thought you might be interested Thursday: Judy Blume

The 92nd Street Y describes the June 2, 2015 Judy Blume with Samantha Bee conversation this way:
In her highly anticipated new novel, In the Unlikely Event, Judy Blume creates a moving story of three generations of families, friends and strangers, whose lives are profoundly changed by unexpected events. The beloved author of Are You There God, It’s Me Margaret and Summer Sisters discusses her new book and extraordinary career with moderator Samantha Bee.

I favor Bee's intro: "I have to say I'm so thrilled to be here. You know I don't often get starstruck. But tonight is the most profound exception to that rule."

I venture to say I would be squealing like a tween if I were to meet Blume.   I loved her books when I was growing up and almost got suspended from middle school for sharing Forever with my friends.   My parents prevailed over other parents arguing that at least we were reading.   Anyway.   Watch the Blume/Bee 92Y Talk.   Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment