Sponsored by Capital Area Asset Builders, CNHED and others, the event will consider how banking status impacts low- and moderate-income individuals and families and considers ways to reduce the number of unbanked residents in DC. According the invitation, "Participants can expect a robust discussion about cross-sector strategies that can contribute significantly to a more inclusive, equitable DC economy."
Speakers will include:
- Joe Valenti, Center for American Progress
- Michael Morris, from the National Disability Institute
- Andrea Ambriz, US Treasury Department
- Joyce Northwood, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Dave Beck, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
- Representatives of DC-based nonprofit organizations working on addressing the needs of unbanked/underbanked DC residents
Attendance is free, but registration is required.