The purpose of the forum is to hear from and inform the public about the value in preserving DC's valuable historical documents and artifacts. According to the meeting notice,
The forum will feature a panel of experts including David Ferriero, Archivist of the United States, regarding the preservation of government records (the new Archives building) followed by questions and discussion.
Topics will include:
- History of the DC Archives
- Statement of Need and Project Overview
- Other DC Government Collections: Sumner School, Dunbar HS (DCPS), MPD, DDOT, Washingtoniana Division and Peabody Room (DCPL), Superior Court and Court of Appeals
- Considerations for a multifunctioning facility: space type; size; research; records processing, storage, oral history, meetings and preservation digital laboratory
- National standards, what’s best for DC?
For more information, please contact: Office of the Secretary, 202-727-6306.