From the email announcing the launch of the site:
*About Missing Candidate Information*
Each of the original 14 people listed by the DC Board of Elections and Ethics as candidates were contacted via the phone numbers and email addresses published by the DC Board of Elections and Ethics. We personally called each candidate upwards of three to four times and spoke to all candidates at one point or another. Every eligible candidate committed to submitting content, except Bobvala Tengen.
Candidates who did not submit information for publication on this site have a blank profile page and a generic silhouette profile photo.
- Aqunetta Anderson: Stated she will participate but never sent information (did send a small photo).
- Ronald Austin: Stated he will participate but first submitted severely incomplete content, and did not send updated information.
- Gwenellen Corley-Bowman: Stated she will participate but never sent information.
- Bobvala Tengen: The only candidate to confirm by phone (on Feb 6) that he did not want to participate on this website.
- Brandon Todd: Stated he will participate but never sent information.
Note on Bruce Morrison: As of February 6, 2015, Mr. Morrison is listed by the DC Board of Elections and Ethics as a candidate, but Mr. Morrison does not appear on this website. In telephone conversations with Mr. Morrison (as recently as Feb 3), he stated he did not obtain the required 500 signatures on his petition in order to appear on the special election ballot. The DC Board of Elections and Ethics confirmed (on Feb 6) that he did not receive the number of required signatures, and that he would continue to appear on the candidate list until the petition challenge period ends (Feb 9). You can see the latest information on the DCBOEE.org website.