Here are some highlights:
- 57% of respondents said that "Engaging Our Community" was their most important communication goal.
- 81% thought that their website was the most important communication channel and 92% thought podcasting is the least important.
- The respondents reported that Facebook updates took the most time in a typical week.
- Facebook is still no. 1 in social media - 96% of respondents have a Facebook page.
- Respondents ranked the "lack of time to produce quality content" as "very challenging".
- 62% will send an email newsletter at least monthly.
The findings are also depicted in an infographic (use the link above). A snippet of the graphic is below. What I find most interesting is that the website ranks highest as major communications channel. In my experience, nonprofit (and for that matter DC government) websites are not updated in a timely manner. Specifically, as a rule I find that websites are not updated with event information or newsletters. Newsletters and event invites are emailed but the information is not on the website. I would urge nonprofits and DC government agencies to post information on sites before the content is emailed.