Monday, March 3, 2014

A little blog housekeeping

If you receive emails announcing blog posts, you may have noticed that they are arriving in your inbox in the afternoon.   This will take a little getting used.   This change may require blog readers to be more proactive with the blog.   Mayor Gray, for example, doesn't announce his daily schedule for the following day until late in the day.   These notices are made after my emails are sent.   If you wait for the daily email, and Mayor Gray has a morning event, you will not see the information until later in the day.

There are plenty of other examples.   So why am I making the change?   The data on blog readership shows that there is more traffic in the afternoon; Twitter clickthroughs are the same.   So I'm giving it a try.   I hope you'll stick with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment