- The Transition to Home Rule in Washington, D.C., November 15
- Gentrification and its Discontents: Displacement and policy efforts to mitigate its effects, 1970- 2013, November 15
- Chinatown – a new film looking at today’s Chinatown and its future in the context of historical studies, November 15
- Protests, November 16
- DC Community History Project: Discovering Hidden Communities, November 16
- The Archaeology of DC Parks and the Play DC Playground Initiative, November 16
- Neighborhood Change and Placemaking, November 16
The most up-to-date information is on the conference blog.
The conference is co-sponsored by Association of the Oldest Inhabitants of D.C., Charles Sumner School Museum & Archives, Cultural Tourism DC, George Washington University, H-DC, Washington, D.C. History (www.h-net.org/~dclist), the Historical Society of Washington, D.C., Humanities Council of Washington, DC, Rainbow History Project, Special Collections/DC Public Library (Washingtoniana Division).