Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sandra's success!

Sandra Gomez, a DC resident and staffer in the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services, ran her first half-marathon in April.   She took the challenge seriously, training hard, and raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.   Unfortunately, Sandra's family has been negatively affected by cancer.

Her post-run marathon note to supporters and photos are below.

I was able to complete my 1st Half in 2:54:57!!! Before and after crossing the finish line and see my friends, my daughter and parents was priceless! Hearing them say "Go Sandrita," "that's my daughter" and "mommy I’m so proud of you!" All the training was worth every step I took!

When my legs would hurt I would think of each of you that believed in me and I ran!

I’m humble to say that I have some amazing family and friends!

This experience has taught me and inspired me so much! Until my next marathon! This is only the beginning! I even started a running group! Next year I hope to have a lot of my family and friends join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment