- Strengthening Ward One Together meets June 24: SWOT—a collaborative effort of Ward 1 nonprofits, government agencies, businesses, elected officials, and residents—will meet next June 24 from 9:00 – 11:00 am at Columbia Heights Community Center (corner of 15th and Girard Sts NW). One item on the agenda is a discussion about crime and violence in Ward 1. More information is in this flier (PDF).
- Keith Andrew Perry is new ED of College & Career Connections: Perry joined this DC nonprofit earlier this month. His contact information is
4620 Alabama Avenue SE
Washington, DC 20019
You can follow CCC on Twitter, @CollegeCareerDC.
- What are the important justice-system issues facing our courts and community that you would like to see resolved?: The Council for Court Excellence is asking the community for advice about major issues the organization should pursue over the next five years. Those interested in offering advice and feedback on the work they've done over the past five years should take this short (3-4 minute) survey.
- AnacostiaRiver receives failing grades for cleanliness and other indicators: Anacostia Riverkeeper and Anacostia Watershed Society have issued a report card on the Anacostia River, State of the Anacostia River 2010 (PDF).
- Martha's Outfitters undergoes some major cosmetic and tech changes: Martha's Outfitters—the community free store and thrift shop at 2114 14th St NW—is celebrating their myriad improvements (including the new store logo) with a happy hour June 27 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm at Cork Wine Bar (1720 14th St NW). Tickets are $45 ($20 for students). More information about the event is online here.