- Mayoral candidates forum, August 17: This event sponsored by seven organizations, listed below, is being held August 17 from 5:30 – 7:30 pm at the National Council of Negro Women (633 Pennsylvania Ave NW). WaPo's Nikita Stewart will moderate. Seating is limited so get there early. Co-sponsors of this event are: the Washington DC Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., National Coalition on Black Civic Participation, National Council of Negro Women and the NCNW Washington Section, Thursday Network of the Greater Washington Area National Urban League, Black Women's Roundtable, and Black Youth Vote.
- Ward 5 Dems straw poll and endorsement event, August 23: The Ward 5 Democrats will vote from 6:00 – 8:00 pm on August 23 at Michigan Park Christian Church (1600 Taylor St NE). The event is from 6:00 – 8:30 pm. To get questions answered or for additional information, contact W5D chair Angel Alston, 315-6057 or via email. Or, refer to their web site.
- RLCDC Candidate Forum with Pat Mara, Tim Day, and Jim DeMartino: This event takes place August 30 at 7:00 pm at CityVista Condominium (475 K St NW).
- KCA and Reed-Cooke Association forum for all candidates, August 31: The forum is being held from 7:00 to 9:00 pm at Good Will Baptist Church (1862 Kalorama Rd NW). Candidates have the opportunity to make opening statements; this will be followed by questions from the floor, with a moderator. All the candidates for mayor, At-large and Ward 1 City Council seats have been invited. The Fenty campaign sent their regrets.
- Mayoral candidate forum on the environment, September 7: The DC Environmental Network (DCEN) is sponsoring this forum on September 7 from 5:30 - 7:00 pm at Harriet's Family Restaurant (436 11th St NW). All are invited to attend this event. Register to attend online.
DCEN seeks organizational sponsors for this event. You can become a sponsor by emailing Chris Weiss.