- The Contracting Process Related to Parks and Recreation Projects (a continuation hearing): Joint public oversight roundtable convened by CMs Kwame Brown (At-large), Mary Cheh (Ward 3), Harry Thomas, Jr. (Ward 5), and Marion Barry (Ward 8) on November 16 at 10:00 am. Details in the hearing notice.
- The Performance of the HIV/AIDS, STD, and Tuberculosis Administration: Committee on Health (CM Catania, At-large, chair) is holding this public oversight roundtable on November 16 at 1:00 pm in the Council Chamber. Details in the hearing notice.
- Implementation of an Independent Community College in the District of Columbia: Committee of the Whole (Council Chair Gray, chair), November 20 at 11:30 am in Room 412 of the JAWB. The purpose of the hearing is to hear from experts on the costs and benefits of a community college and elicit recommendations about ensuring the delivery of a high quality curriculum that will meet the needs of DC residents. More information about the hearing, including how to testify, in the hearing notice.
- Government Contracting Reform in the District of Columbia: Committee on Government Operations and the Environment (CM Cheh, Ward 3, chair) is holding this public oversight roundtable on December 3 at 11:30 am in Room 412 of the JAWB. The committee is interested in hearing from the public about problems in contracting and recommendations to fix them. Details are in the hearing notice.
- DC Statehood and Self-Determination: The Perspective of Local Law Students: Special Committee on Statehood and Self-Determination (CM Michael Brown, chair), January 21, 2010, 2:00 pm at UDC. The committee is interested in hearing from local law students. More information in the hearing notice.
Monday, November 16, 2009
From the 11/13 DCR: Upcoming City Council hearings
Recently published in DC Register: