Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Did you know these facts?

You may remember that the Council for Court Excellence published the Guide to the DC Juvenile Justice System and a version in Spanish last year.

Related to this guide are statistics which put the state of juvenile justice and youth crime in perspective.   Consider, for example,

  • 7%:   The percentage of total juvenile arrests by the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD); the remaining 93% were arrests of adults.
  • 44%:   The percentage of juvenile arrests by MPD that did not result in prosecution in Juvenile Court.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.