Check out the entire Wards 7 and 8 Community Calendar.
Friday, December 9, 2016
Thursday, December 8, 2016
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
There are several categories of service in addition to the age of the young people being served. Organizations may provide afternoon enrichment programming at DCPS and public charter schools offering summer school, programming at DC Housing Authority sites, and programming in Safer, Stronger DC Community Partnerships Priority Neighborhoods.
No matter which population or site type, organizations are required to meet certain deadlines. These are:
- Wednesday, December 14, 5:00 pm: Notice of Intent to Apply due
- Thursday, December 15 – Monday, December 19: Mandatory online GTA session available
- Wednesday, December 21, 5:00 pm: Questions regarding the RFP or process must be submitted via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. All written questions and responses concerning the RFP will be posted on United Way NCA's website.
- Thursday, January 19, 5:00 pm: Completed proposals due to United Way NCA
- Thursday, February 23: Awards announced via email
Evergreen Editorial Calendar
It's the most wonderful time of the year. The holidays are in full swing, and if you are like me you love the smell of pine in the air. Evergreens are our favorite trees at the LightBox Collaborative, because no matter when, you know what you are getting with an evergreen, and you know that it will be there for you year after year.
So in that spirit, we offer you a new version of our beloved Editorial Calendar: The Evergreen. Rather than tying this one to the specific dates of 2017, we have included the events that happen every year in the same months, so that you can keep using this version in perpetuity.
We think this is an improvement as you now have a version of the calendar you will never have to wait for! We also understand this is a change to a resource that many of you have come to rely on, but we hope you can understand why this change makes sense. At LightBox Collaborative, we pride ourselves on knowing when we are the best team for the job, and when we aren't.
In this case, there are a lot of smart folks doing better work on this than we are. Kivi Leroux Miller of NonprofitMarketingGuide.com offers tons of great editorial calendar resources, including a book of templates and monthly content ideas.
Read the entire blog post for additional calendars and hooks.
And be on the lookout for a DC-specific crowdsourced editorial calendar based on the LightBox Collaborative calendar.
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
It's been a long day on the dais so far... We now turn to the Legislative Session at 5:35pm with a fresh cup of coffee. pic.twitter.com/cFsKFWTh4l— Charles Allen (@CharlesAllenW6) December 6, 2016
- Recognizing the limits of designing a service or program primarily for effectiveness and also designing for "spreadability"
- Going beyond identifying a broad group of potential beneficiaries and focusing first on a subgroup most likely to participate
- Developing and resourcing a sales and marketing capability from the outset, right alongside budgeting for program delivery
Monday, December 5, 2016
- Capitol Hill Village
- Cleveland & Woodley Park Village
- Dupont Circle Village
- East Rock Creek Village
- Far SE Senior Village, in development, email@example.com
- Foggy Bottom/West End Village
- Georgetown Village
- Glover Park Village
- Mount Pleasant Village
- Northwest Neighbors Village
- Palisades Village
- Pennsylvania Avenue Village East
- Waterfront Village, in development, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ward 7 Deanwood Village, in development, Terrie@instepseniors.org
- Ward 7 ERFSC KEEN Seniors Program, in development, email@example.com
The DC Office on Aging (DCOA) has $250,000 available in grant funding to support villages and older residents. DCOA is looking to fund three different project types:
- plan and implement membership supports increasing village membership and participation
- start-up a new village in Wards 7 or 8
- support capacity building, technical assistance, and team building to foster cohesion and network resource sharing amongst established villages and those interested in forming villages
January 6, 2017 is the deadline for submission. A Pre-Application Conference is scheduled for December 9.
Sunday, December 4, 2016
COUNCIL CHAIRMAN MENDELSON TO HOLD LEGISLATIVE MEDIA BRIEFING
Council Chairman Phil Mendelson will hold a Media Briefing to preview the Council's upcoming Legislative Meeting.
Monday, December 5, 2016
John A. Wilson Building, Room 412, 1350 Pennsylvania Avenue NW Washington, DC 20004
Chairman Mendelson will hold a media briefing to discuss major actions to be taken at the Council's Legislative meeting on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. or immediately following the Additional Committee of the Whole.
Additional information is available by contacting Lindsey Walton, (202) 724-8140, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unable to make it to the Wilson Building? Watch the briefing streaming live on the council website.
Saturday, December 3, 2016
See what images are available: