Monday, April 16, 2012

Is your coffee mug lonely?

Mug Rugs for Safe Shores

In recognition of Child Abuse Prevention Month (April) and of the great prevention work done by Safe Shores – The DC Children's Advocacy Center, I am selling Susie-made art quilt mug rugs to benefit Safe Shores.

What are mug rugs?   Coasters given a fancy name by women who need something to make other than table runners and baby quilts.   (That does not describe me, by the way.   I have plenty to do; I just wanted to raise some money for Safe Shores.)

The deal is this:   Each mug rug is worth a $20 donation to Safe Shores.   You tell me which one you want via email, you send me a check for $20 made out to Safe Shores, I send you the mug rug so you too can recognize Child Abuse Prevention Month, and I send Safe Shores all the checks.

All mug rugs are made of 100% cotton with 100% cotton batting.   They are machine pieced and quilted.   Note, if you or the person you are giving this to is allergic to cats, please don't buy.   The cats sun themselves on my sewing table.

Mug Rug 2 is 6.5"x5" and the others are in the 5.5"x5" range.

So get a mug rug today to keep your coffee mug company!

No comments:

Post a Comment