- DC Council budget Twitter chat: Council Chairman Kwame Brown and council budget director Jen Budoff are holding a Twitter chat about the FY 2013 budget process March 21 from Noon - 1:00 pm. Participate in the conversation with @CouncilofDC by using the #CouncilChat hashtag. The easiest way to stay focused on the chat is to use a tool like Tweet Chat.
More information about the chat, and the issues you can expect to be covered, are on the council website.
- DC Council changes to budget hearing schedule: Recent changes are:
*Committee of the Whole Public Hearing on the "Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Request Act of 2012" and the "Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Support Act of 2012" (New date: April 30; original date: May 8)
*Markup of the Committee on Housing and Workforce Development (New date: May 2; original date: April 30)
*Markup of the Committee on Public Service and Consumer Affairs (New date: May 2; original date: April 30)
*Hearing on the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia (New date: April 20; original date: March 30)
*Office of Administrative Hearings (New date: March 30; original date: April 4)
- Sasha Bruce youth testimony: Two young men testified at the Committee on Human Services oversight hearing on the Children and Youth Investment Fund February 27. Levi Thompson's testimony is here and Christopher Jolly's testimony is here; both are in Word. The CYIF hearing storified has been updated to include this testimony.
- CFSA FY 2013 budget briefing: Acting CFSA director Brenda Donald will discuss the proposed FY 2013 budget for CFSA and answer questions March 29 from 4:30 - 6:00 pm at Child and Family Services Agency (400 6th St SW, Room 5133). Submit questions in advance to CLC's Sarah King via email; RSVP by COB March 28 to King.
- Behavioral health FY 2013 budget briefing: The D.C. Behavioral Health Association's behavioral health briefing takes place March 29 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm at Catholic Charities' Hickey Center (924 G St NW, across the street from MLK Library). Shaun Synder (Acting Director, APRA) and Steve Baron (Director, DMH) will present the proposed FY 2013 budget for their program (in the case of Snyder and APRA) and agency (in the case of Baron and DMH). The National Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare will discuss President Obama's FY 2013 budget for behavioral healthcare. RSVP via email; submit advance questions to that same email by March 28.