- DOH has a new communications director: Najma L. Roberts is the new communications director at the Department of Health. Her contact information is:
899 North Capitol St NE
Washington, DC 20002
202-724-7481 - Voice
202-578-1394 - Cell
- New, permanent director named to CFSA: Mayor Gray has appointed Brenda Walker to run Child and Family Services Agency (CFSA). This will be Donald's second time at the helm of this agency. Donald will start in early January 2012. For more information, read the press release.
- It's YouTube for the Mayor: Mayor Gray is now on YouTube. That's right, in mid-November, EOM launched the mayor's YouTube channel . Content includes mayoral press conferences, agency policy statements, and current discussions on the future of District.
- December 17 youth town hall: Mayor Gray will meet with youth December 17 from 12:30 – 2:30 pm at Wilson Senior High School (3950 Chesapeake St NW) for one of his regular community-based youth-focused events. As with all the others, only youth age 21 and younger are permitted to speak their mind; adults may attend the event. More information is in the flier (Word, .doc).
- Community feedback needed on Ward 5 Great Schools Initiative: DC Public Schools seeks public input into this middle school initiative. The link to the survey (see Give Feedback bullet) is on the Ward 5 Great Schools Initiative webpage.