Friday, October 28, 2011

Please wear pink or yellow on Saturday!

As you know, my father died recently.   The memorial service is October 29 at 10:00 am at his church, St. John's Episcopal Church in Vernon, CT.   We'll be giving thanks for Guy's life and work, his character and commitment.

Because my father was quite involved with the Episcopal Diocese of Connecticut, Bishops Douglas and Ahrens will be Officiating and Celebrating.   My dad would be thrilled.

St. John's parishioners and many of my friends will be wearing pink or yellow socks, favorites of my father.   Don't have pink or yellow socks?   Then feel put on anything you have in either of those colors tomorrow.   I would appreciate the support.   If you want to take a picture of yourself in pink or yellow, email it to me and I'll make a collage for my mother.

May Guy's soul and the souls of all our dearly departed rest in peace.   AMEN.   Rev. Virginia Army