- The Committee on Health has a new newsletter (PDF).
- The latest (August 25) issue of The Catania Chronicle is out.
- The DC Public Library's board meeting is September 21 at 6:00 pm at the Deanwood Library. The public is encouraged to attend. More about the board meeting schedule and meeting documents are online.
- 3rd Annual Moving Forward Together Secondary Transition Community Forum and Youth Transition Fair, September 23 and 24: Local schools serving DC students are invited to bring their students to the September 23, 10:00 am - 2:30 pm Youth Transition Fair to hear speakers, browse exhibits and participate in interactive demonstrations and activities. More information is available via email and phone (202-907-6887) from Leila Peterson. Registration information is online.
The Transition Community Forum is September 24 from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm and is designed for DC youth and young adults with disabilities, parents/caregivers, educators, employers, community organizations, government representatives, and community members. The event features workshops, local resources, and interactive programming for youth. Registration information is online.
- 2011 Mayor's Annual Disability Awareness Expo, October 8 from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm: This event is being held at MLK Memorial Library. The event will feature opening remarks from Mayor Vince Gray, demonstrations, exhibits, and DC government program information. More information and registration details are online.