Thursday, July 21, 2011

Some amazing young women

Earlier today I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours chatting with four young women in the Young Women's Project Peer Health and Sexuality Education (PHASE) project.   We talked about advocacy, what advocacy is, how each of us got involved with our current passion, and what it takes to be better at what we do.
My cat Moxie offered another thought about advocacy to the long list: cute works.

I was there to share with the young women my thoughts about and experiences with advocacy.   I did.   The picture on the left captures some of what advocacy means to me.   And then they asked questions and made observations that were incredibly insightful.   That was my time to learn.

I appreciate the opportunity to meet the young women and thank the Committee on Health for inviting me to participate in the pilot project.

No comments:

Post a Comment