Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 4 Children's Book Week update

Children's Book Week 2011 features a free-to-download bookmark designed by Jeff Kinney, author of the bestselling series Diary of A Wimpy Kid.   Wondering how this author can also create this colorful and fun bookmark?   He's also a game designer and illustrator.

And here's what my some of my other tweeps read as children:

  • Matilda (1988) by Roald Dahl
  • A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (1943) by Betty Smith
  • Are you there God? It's me, Margaret (1970) by Judy Blume
  • Bridge to Terabithia (1977) by Katherine Paterson of Takoma Park, MD.   This was the winner of the 1978 Newbery Medal for the most distinguished contribution to American Literature for Children.

And two more of my childhood favorites were Katy and the Big Snow and A Little Old Man.   I still have them; see here:


There is still time to share your favorite book or reading/book experience with me.   Just email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment