- Safety Net Walking Tour of the Wilson Building, May 18: Because $2 of every $3 of Mayor Gray's proposed budget cuts target social services, the City Council can change the city's priorities. The tour is from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm. Details are here (Word, .doc)
- Here in PDF is a summary of the May 12 Committee on Health action on the mayor's proposed FY 2012 budget.
- Fewer than 200 people participated in the Council's FY 2012 budget survey designed to seek input into priorities and ways to achieve savings. The results are now online.
- The Committee of the Whole is convening May 16 at 9:30 am for a roundtable to hash out budget issues prior to the first vote May 25. According to the notice,
The purpose of this meeting is to allow a presentation of the Council Committees’ recommendations and a discussion on the Council priorities for the proposed Fiscal Year 2012 budget.
- The draft report for the Committee on Economic Development mark-up in here in Word (.doc) (65 pages).
- Jen Budoff, budget director for the City Council, expects the mar-up committee reports to be finished in about one week. Before the reports are final, Budoff has to sign off on them. All will be approved at the same time.
- All mark-up meetings are now available on demand on the OCT website.