- The City Council's budget hearing, mark-up and vote schedule has changed again; the May 11 edition is here.
- The Committee on Finance and Revenue is holding their mark-up May 12 at 9:00 am. Materials from the committee for the mark-up are: Agenda (Word, .doc), draft report (Word, .doc) (48 pages), Appendix C (Word, .doc).
- The draft committee report of the Committee on Housing and Workforce Development for mark up on May 12 at 11:00 am is here in Word (.doc) (67 pages).
- The Committee on Health budget mark-up is being held May 12 at 1:00 pm. Materials for the meeting are: Draft report (PDF) (90 pages), attachment about DOH (PDF), attachment about DMH (PDF), and attachment about DHCF (PDF).
- The Committee on Human Services' mark-up is May 12 in the afternoon. The draft report is here in Word (.doc) (78 pages).
- The Committee of the Whole's mark-up is May 12 at 4:00 pm. The draft committee report is here (Word, .doc) (235 pages).
- The mark-up for the Committee on Public Services and Regulatory Affairs is now on demand on OCT.
- CM Jim Graham's opening statement for the May 6 Department of Human Services budget hearing is here in Word (.doc).
- Act now to Save the Safety Net! On April 1st, the Mayor released a budget that includes plans to terminate aid to disabled residents, close homeless shelters, slash funding to help people afford housing, and cut other vital programs that keep our city healthy.
While Mayor Gray proposed a number of tax increases – 2 out of every 3 dollars cut came from programs that impact low-income people.
The City Council has until May 24th to make changes to the Mayor’s proposed budget. However, some Council members would rather undo the tax increases than restore funding to safety net services.
Call or email your ward Councilmember and the At-Large members TODAY to let them know that you oppose these cuts, and that there are better ways to balance the budget.
The script for calls and emails is here (Word, .doc).
- The Committee on Economic Development mark-up is available on demand.
- The Committee on Government Operations and the Environment mark-up is now available on demand.
- The Committee on the Judiciary mark-up is now on demand.
- The Committee on Libraries, Parks and Recreation mark-up is on demand.
- The Committee on Public Works and Transportation mark-up is now on demand.