- Emergency Action, May 24 at Noon at the Wilson Building. This is the last action before the City Council votes on the FY 2012 budget May 25. RSVP to Janelle Treibitz at via email, email@example.com or (646) 734-6705.
- Can the Council do better by low-income and other vulnerable residents? Save Our Safety Net and DC for Democracy think so and have shown how in the hit video "Kwame Can Do Better." Watch the video below and take action today by contacting CMs to adequately fund human services and modestly increase taxes on the wealthiest DC residents.
- Two DC residents who are homeless are featured in this Sean Furmage and Binnie Katti produced audio report on the May 18 "March to Save Homeless Services", May 18 Reality Tour of the Wilson Building and the budget for human services proposed for FY 2012. The audio has been on WPFW's Spectrum Today and is also posted on the Grassroots Media Project.
- Sure to be a top 40 hit is "Mary, Mary, why you buggin'?", a new video featuring Ward 3 residents asking Ward 3 CM Mary Cheh why she opposes the mayor's tax increase proposal when they and more than 90% of Wards 2 and 3 residents support it.
Also new from Safe Our Safety Net is Safety Net Reality Tour: An open letter to Chairman Brown and the DC Council. The video highlights stops on the May 18 Reality Tour.
- If you missed the May 16 Council meeting on the FY 2012 budget, the video and materials are on the Council website.