Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What's the matter here?

If you don't think child abuse is prevalent, that you don't see it or that you can do nothing about it, watch this video of 10,000 Maniacs performing "What's the Matter Here?".


Consider some of the lyrics from this late 1980s alternative rock song:
That young boy without a name. Anywhere I'd know his face.
In this city the kid's my favorite to see I've seen him I see him every day.
Seen him run outside looking for a place to hide from his father the kid half naked
And said to myself "O what's the matter here?"

I'm tired of the excuses everybody uses
He's their kid I stay out of it
But who gave you the right to do this?

. . . .

And instead of love and the feel of warmth you've given him these cuts and sores that don't heal with time or with age.

No comments:

Post a Comment