- The City Council has added a tab at the top of the website specific to the FY 2012 budget.
- You can sign up to receive updates from the City Council about legislation, hearings and meeting agendas. I know. Who knew? The sign-up is part of the budget survey. The Council's IT department reports signing up will be a stand-alone option on the website in a few weeks.
- The City Council is doing a survey on the FY 2012 budget; it's on the City Council budget page.
- The Budget Support Act and Budget Request Act are on the DC gov budget website and the City Council's budget page.
- A number of DC government agencies are sponsoring or co-sponsoring community budget briefings:
|Date, Time, Location||Agency, RSVP, more|
|April 7, 3:30 - 5:30 pm at True Reformer Building (1200 U St NW)||Department of Disability Services, co-hosted by the Arc of the District of Columbia and DCFPI. RSVP to the Arc via email or (202) 636-2963.|
|April 7, 6:30 - 8:00pm, Roosevelt High School (4301 13th St NW in the library)||Briefing on DC Public School Budget, co-sponsored by the Senior High Alliance of Parents, Principals, and Educators (SHAPPE) and DCFPI. Guest speaker is Lisa Ruda, Chief of Staff to Acting Chancellor Kaya Henderson.|
|TIME UPDATED 4/6: April 8, 3:00 - 4:30 pm, Department of Mental Health (64 New York Ave NE, 4th Floor)||Department of Mental Health budget briefing, hosted by DC Behavioral Health Association. Seating is limited, so RSVP online to reserve your space.|
|April 8, 10:00 – 11:30 am, Department of Health Care Finance (899 North Capitol St NE, Room 6130)||Department of Health Care Finance budget briefing, hosted by DHCF, DCFPI and DC Primary Care Association. Space is limited so RSVP to Jenny Reed via email by April 6.|
|April 11, 4:00 – 6:00 pm, Child and Family Services Agency (400 6th St SW)||Child and Family Services Agency budget briefing, hosted by the agency, more information about the event is in the invitation (PDF).|
|ADDED 4/6 8p: April 14, 10:00 am - Noon, District Department of the Environment (1200 First St NE, Conference Room 718)||District Department of the Environment, hosted by the agency. RSVP to Edna Ebanks at (202) 535-2615 by April 11.|