The news is the passing of Jeff Coudriet, long-time Council staffer who took a short break to work at ABRA. Those who knew Jeff describe him in lots of colorful ways; he was a terrific friend and I enjoyed working with him while he was the clerk of the Committee on Finance and Revenue. I will miss him.
Other news from and about the City Council:
- Ward 8 State of the Ward Address, March 10: CM Barry has announced the event. It will be held March 10 at 6:30 pm at Matthews Memorial Baptist Church (2616 Martin Luther King, JR. Memorial Ave, SE. Dinner will be served and exhibits of all Ward 8 projects on display.
- CM Bowser on Twitter: Ward 4 CM Muriel Bowser is now on Twitter. Follow her: @MurielBowser.
- Ben Young on Twitter: Ben Young, CM David Catania's Chief of Staff is on Twitter. Follow him: @Catania_COS.
- Committee on Health update: The latest update includes details about oversight hearings, resources for dealing with cancer, and more.
- Ward 2 CM Evans' public meeting schedule: In his latest newsletter (sign up via email), the CM has announced he will be attending the Downtown Neighborhood Association meeting February 8 at 6:30 pm at Calvary Baptist Church (755 8th St NW) and the ANC 2A meeting February 16 at 6:30 pm at West End Library (1101 24th St NW).