- Jonetta Rose Barras: DC fixture Jonetta Rose Barras has left WPFW and her show DC Politics with Jonetta. Moving forward, Jonetta will continue to write a column for The Washington Examiner and is resuming THE BARRAS REPORT. Eugene Dewitt Kinlow has taken over the WPFW show.
- Eugene Dewitt Kinlow has his own radio program: Kinlow has taken over the WPFW DC Politics show which airs Thursday mornings at 11:00 am. So tune in to 89.3 FM next week!
- Jonathan Antista joins Committee on Health: Jonathan is the new Staff Assistant, replacing Jen Barry. Part of Jonathan's job is to publish the committee's weekly update. Here is his info:
Committee on Health
Councilmember David A. Catania, Chair
1350 Pennsylvania Ave N.W. Suite 115
Washington, D.C. 20004
- Jonathan Smith moving to justice department: Legal Aid DC ED Jonathan Smith has accepted a position in DOJ's Civil Rights Division. No timeline on his departure from the DC nonprofit but the organization is recruiting.
- Joseph Martin to leave DC government employ: Joseph Martin, who has held various positions in the Williams and Fenty administrations, is leaving government service in early October. He plans to remain active in community life. You may reach him via email, josephmartindc AT gmail DOT com
- Kerri Briggs has left DC gov: OSSE director Kerri Briggs abruptly left DC government service late last week. (See Bill Turque on the fleeing superintendent, here and here). Mayor Fenty has appointed Beth Colleye, OSSE's former general counsel, interim state superintendent for education.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
This list of recent comings and goings of nonprofit, media, and government folks should make keeping track of the changes easier.