How it works: Those whose benefits have been terminated, denied or reduced call the warm-line and leave a message. The call will be returned within 24 hours—and the process has begun. A free lawyer will be assigned for those cases under the jurisdiction of the Office of Administrative Hearings.
Public benefits appropriate for the warm-line are:
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- General Assistance for Children/GAC
- IDA (Interim Disability Assistance)
- D.C. Health Alliance
- DC Healthy Families and Medicaid
- Food Stamps (SNAP, Supplementary Nutrition Assistance Program)
The flier about the program is here.