- Public hearing on state plan for weatherization assistance program: The Department of the Environment is holding a public hearing on the FY 2010 State Plan for Weatherization Assistance Program on July 27 at 10:00 am at the Department of the Environment (1200 1st St NE, Suite 700).
The weatherization and energy assistance programs provide services to eligible DC residents under the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP), the Reliable Energy Trust Fund (RETF), and Natural Gas Trust Fund (NGTF). Details about the hearing, testifying at the hearing, the state plan, and the federal energy assistance programs are in the hearing notice.
- Proposed rules regarding implementation of the Living Wage Act: The Department of Employment Services published proposed rules in the July 16 DCR. The proposed rules amend previously adopted rules (published March 16, 2007). DOES will take final rulemaking action in not less than 30 days from the date of publication.
- Comments sought on Community Services Block Grant State Plan and Application for FYs 2011 and 2012: The Department of Human Services is seeking comments on DC’s state plan by August 20. According to the
notice, the application
presents a plan to reduce poverty in the District of Columbia through the provision of a wide range of services and activities that assist low-income families and individuals to:
- Remove obstacles and solve problems which inhibit the attainment of self-sufficiency;
- Secure and retain meaningful employment;
- Attain an adequate education;
- Make better use of available income;
- Obtain and maintain adequate housing and a suitable living environment;
- Obtain emergency assistance to meet immediate or urgent needs; and
- Achieve greater participation in the affairs of the communities in which they live.
- The Metropolitan Washington Regional HIV Health Services Planning Council’s next meeting will be held on July 29 at 5:30 pm at One Judiciary Square. More information is in the hearing notice.