- Each public school is required to develop a dress code/uniform policy that is clearly defined and which furthers rational and legitimate school objectives.
- Principals are required to implement the regulations starting with the 2009-2010 school year.
- Schools with school uniforms are required to have a uniform bank so non-compliant students may borrow clothing for the day.
- Schools with school uniforms are required to establish a mechanism to accommodate families and students who may require financial assistance in obtaining a uniform.
- Students who are non-compliant because they require financial assistance in obtaining a uniform shall not be subject to corrective or disciplinary action.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Final rules on dress codes/uniforms for DCPS
The Chancellor of DCPS issued final rules (page 6370) in the August 14 DCR to implement and enforce mandatory uniform policies and to establish rules governing the implementation and enforcement of such policies. Some components of the regulations are: