- District of Columbia Public Schools: Important Steps Taken to Continue Reform Efforts, But Enhanced Planning Could Improve Implementation and Sustainability: This report from the GAO on June 26, online here.
- District of Columbia Public Schools: Implementation and Sustainability of Reform Efforts Could Benefit From Enhanced Planning: This testimony from the GAO on July 23, online here.
- Out of State, Out of Mind: The Hidden Lives of D.C. Youth in Residential Treatment Centers: By University Legal Services (ULS). The report is online here.
- America's Children: Key National Indicators of Well-Being, 2009: This recent release from the Federal Interagency Forum on Child and Family Statistics continues the annual reports on key indicators of child well-being. View, download, and print the report by going here.
- Ending Childhood Hunger by 2015: The Essential Strategies for Achieving the President's Goal: This report was released in early July by the Food Research and Action Center (FRAC). It sets out seven strategies essential for the nation to meet President Obama's goal of ending childhood hunger by 2015. Go the the FRAC site to download the report.
- Multiple Response System and System of Care: Two Policy Reforms Designed to Improve the Child Welfare System: The Duke University Center for Child and Family Policy’s policy brief highlights the innovative work by the North Carolina Division of Social Services integrating their Multiple Response System Initiative with their Systems of Care Initiative. It is useful to policymakers and practitioners. Online here.
- F as in Fat: How Obesity Policies are Failing in America 2009: This annual report by the Trust for America’s Health (TFAH) and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) ranks states and makes recommendations to turn the tide of obesity in America’s children and adults. The executive summary and full report are online here.
- On the Road to Adulthood: A Databook about Teenagers and Young Adults in the District: This report from the DC Alliance of Youth Advocates and NeighborhoodInfo DC details the status of District youth. Get the report here.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
New reports document schools, youth, plus much more
In the past month, nonprofits and various government agencies (local and federal) have issued reports advocates should read and use. They include: