Thursday, February 11, 2016
- Cornell Movie--Dialogs Corpus: Contains fictional conversations between pairs of movie characters
- Thenmap: Documents historical borders and allows users, with an open-source API and mapping tool, to show how borders have changed over time
- Refugees, where they are from and where they go: From the Department of State, the data can be manipulated in various ways, such as identifying the country of origin and the state of relocation.
- Side Effect Resource (SIDER): Contains 139,756 side effects of 1,430 medical drugs
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
- (202) 399-7093
- 1 (800) 535-7252 (toll-free from a pay phone)
When you contact the DC Shelter Hotline, be prepared to share the following:
- The time the person was seen
- The specific location where seen
- Description of the person's appearance
- If you know, whether they speak a language other than English
Want to encourage friends and colleagues to help the homeless by contacting the DC Shelter Hotline? Consider sharing one or more of these images.
Close to 40 children had to leave their foster homes homes due to the Child and Family Services Agency (CFSA)'s decision to close a private agency, reports social worker Marie Cohen based on a delayed response to a Freedom of Information Act request. CFSA's response indicated that the decision to close Foundations for Home and Community was based on its "Performance Scorecard" scores. But these scores are influenced by facts that private agencies can't control, like the age and problems of their clients. And Foundations took the oldest and most difficult youth that other agencies wouldn't serve.
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Monday, February 8, 2016
In this talk Nov will present three retirement saving studies in which we developed and evaluated HCI interventions for consumer finance decision making. Users in the experimental interventions conditions made better choices and were more likely reach their financial goals. Moreover, the studies shed light on the potential role of policy and regulation: just as certain information is required by law to appear on the packaging of food products, in the future policy makers and regulators may devise policies about the interactive information elements which should be provided to consumers of financial products.
Sunday, February 7, 2016
- Tools for More Effective Board Meetings, April 20
- Are You Ready for a Capital Campaign? March 23
- 5 Secrets of Nonprofit Email Marketing Geniuses, February 9
- How to Captivate and Engage Constituents with Your Website, February 23
- Backups and Disaster Recovery for Nonprofits, February 18
- 10 Social Media Strategies That Increase Engagement and Inspire Donors, March 1
Saturday, February 6, 2016
The council also updated the FY 2017 budget hearing sked (PDF) the same day.
Thursday, February 4, 2016
The council also updated the FY 2017 budget hearing sked (PDF) the same day. Changes are listed on page 1.