Monday, March 2, 2015
- CFO Jeff DeWitt's FY 2014 audit testimony
- FYs 2014 and 2015 oversight testimony
- ORA's 2015 "District of Columbia Special-Purpose Revenue Funds Report"
- District Department of Transportation Capital Project Review and Reconciliation first quarter FY 2015 quarterly report
- Emergency and Contingency Cash Reserve Fund Status first quarter FY 2015 quarterly report
- Summary of intra-District requests approved during the fourth quarter of Fiscal Year 2014
Sunday, March 1, 2015
WTTG's Matt Ackland Tweeted news about Bowser's pick:
Breaking: Source tells Fox 5 former Seattle Fire Chief Gregory Dean will be Mayor Bowser's choice to lead DC Fire EMS.— Matt Ackland (@mattacklandfox5) March 2, 2015
Ward 4 Thrives hosts candidates for the Council of DC seat Wednesday, March 4 at 6:30 pm. The meeting takes place at Fort Stevens Recreation Center (Van Buren St NW between Luzon Ave NW and 13th St NW). Candidates will present their views on land use, followed by questions and answers from attendees.Shepherd Park Citizens Association and Chevy Chase Citizens Association Ward 4 candidate forum Wednesday, March 18 at 7:00 pm at St. John's College (Military Rd NW at Oregon, use Oregon Ave entrance).
Other candidate events are listed on the Ward 4 Candidates Info calendar.
Hey "new york times" Your style of lower casing "district" when referring to our city? We are a real place. TkU. http://t.co/BWrgLcFc6q— Tom Sherwood (@tomsherwood) February 27, 2015
Saturday, February 28, 2015
The meeting will be co-sponsored by the National Resource Center for Supported Decision-Making and will offer an opportunity to learn about and discuss important issues related to supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to make decisions throughout the life course. Additionally, we will provide updates on the progress made by our subcommittees since our last meeting on: (1) starting up a DC Parent to Parent chapter; (2) launching an Advocacy Across the Lifespan Guide; and (3) establishing a Family Support Council to advise DC government agencies.
RSVP to Jestina Heroe by phone, (202) 730-1586, or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, February 27, 2015
- This is a sensible approach.
- For this cross-agency approach to work, DOH must afford other agencies and policy developers the same courtesy.
Here are some of the tools I find most useful, in no particular order:
- Padlet: an online bulletin board tool that does not require users sign in (yay!).
- Jing: a tool for sharing images and short videos of your computer screen.
- ThingLink: an online tool to add interactivity to images. The tool allows users to add video, audio, comments, media links, and more. This takes tagging to a richer place.
- PDF and Word accessibility via Elissa Schloesser How to Make Your Digital PDF Report Interactive and Accessible: This blog post describes a number of ways to make PDF and Word 2010 docs more accessible, particularly for those who use screen readers.
- Tagxedo: a word cloud creator with more oomph than Wordle. Read more about how Tagxedo beats out wordle in Susan Kistler on Leaving Wordle for Tagxedo.
Dara Baldwin, who describes herself in her Twitter (@NJDC07) profile as "Fun loving Newark, New Jersey girl residing in DC living a dream! Enjoying blessings of friends & family! RU NWK grad BA & MPA! Advocate for Disability Rights!", explains her unrelenting advocacy for ASL interpreters in her blog post When will DC Officials have ASL Interpreters on TV with them?.
Thursday, February 26, 2015
Physics Girl is a resource for fun physics videos and other materials about physics and physics outreach. This site is a resource for teachers, a source of entertainment for physics nerds, and a way for me to share a passion for physics while advocating for women in the sciences.
So if you want to learn cool stuff, or want to make sure the girls in your life get some pesky questions (such as Why is the universe flat? or What's the difference between a solar and lunar eclipse?) answered, take some time to look at Physics Girls' website and YouTube channel. You'll be glad you did.
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
2015-77: Eric Rogers as Interim Taxicab Com’n chairman. 2015-78: Establishes standard for official letterhead & signage.— Helder Gil (@hgil) February 21, 2015
Want to read the entire order? Here it is: MO 2015-078: Policy Establishing a Standard for Official Letterhead, Publications and Signage (PDF).
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
(UPDATE: 2/24/15, 10:05a).